If you are a girl or a woman and your body mass index (BMI) is below 18.5. You should gain weight to balance a healthy lifestyle. You can face numerous health issues by being underweight for example decreased muscle mass, weakened bones, weakened immune systems, undesirable hair, skin, and nails, and the inability to menstruate. In this article, we’ll share how to gain weight for women.
Gaining Weight and Balancing a healthy lifestyle can decrease the chances of these tremendous health issues. Women should go for healthy ways to weight gain, rather than putting on weight through expanding fat on their bodies. Start with our most proficient methods below for some helpful information on how to gain weight for women.
Top 10 Ways to Gain Weight for Woman
There are many ways to gain weight faster for a woman, but there is no one right way to do it. You can gain weight in a number of ways, including the top 10 best ways to get you bulkier faster.
1. Eat Like You Are Hungry All The Time
Always try to eat more than you normally eat in a day, and never ever skip your meal. In fact, most experts say that eating six mini-meals in a day is much better than eating three large ones.
- This will help you to gain weight as you feel less swelled after each of your meals.
- Try to balance fat, protein, starch, and vegetables with each meal.
2. Increase Your Caloric Intake
Gaining weight by eating junk food is not a good idea for health, as it will leave you feeling unwell and it gives you more fat and could lead to further health problems.
Almost 700-1000 calories per day are enough to help you to gain weight, but should not leave you feeling bloated or sick. But, it is important to be aware that these 700-1000 calories should be gained in a healthy way, by eating more calorie-rich foods that are filled with vitamins and nutrients.
You should always consult with your doctor or nutritionist before following any weight gain plan.
3. Increase Your Protein Intake
A protein-rich food is more important when trying to gain weight healthily because it helps your body build muscles rather than adding fat. Eating protein is important if you plan to do strength-building exercises.
- Good protein sources include eggs, dairy products, whole grains, legumes, lean meat, fish, and poultry.
- You can also increase your protein intake by drinking protein shakes, or adding a protein supplement to smoothies and juices.
Also, learn how to remove dark circles with the help of orange juice.
4. Increase Your Carbs Intake
Getting enough carbs in your diet is vital when your goal is weight gain because it spares your body from using your muscles for energy.
When we are talking about carbs it means we are talking about starch-based food. Healthy sources of carbs for gaining weight are whole grain, whole wheat bread, oats, corn, beans & legumes, and most importantly rice, potatoes, and sweet potatoes.
5. Eat Energy Dense Food
For energy, add a nutrient-dense weight gain foods list to your meal. Nutrient-dense food packs in more calories and more vitamins, minerals, protein, and good fats.
- Dried fruit: Raisins, dates, prunes, and others.
- Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, and peanuts.
- Dark chocolate, peanut butter, granola, avocados, coconut milk.
- Meat: Red Meat, Chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc. Choose fattier cuts.
- High-fat dairy: Milk, cream, full-fat yogurt, cheese.
- Grains: Whole grains like brown rice and oats.
- Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, and yams.
Also, learn how to remove pimple marks with the help of potatoes.
6. Strength Training to Gain Muscles
Strength training is not the fastest option but it’s a good idea if you want to keep weight in the long term. Strength training is especially good because it allows you to gain weight by building your muscles.
- Lifting weight is a great place to start. Avoid too much Cardio and aerobics exercise because they prevent you from gaining weight.
- Eating extra protein is especially important when you plan to build muscle mass through exercise.
- Good strength training exercises include squats, push-ups, bench presses, crunches, bicep curls, deadlifts, overhead presses, leg presses, leg curls, barbell rows, dips, and chin-ups.
7. Utilize Greater Bowl
Use large plates if you are trying to get more calories, this will increase the intake of good nutrients and helps the body to increase weight gain quicker. Here is a psychological reason behind choosing the large bowl. A greater bowl forces you to eat more.
Try to eat at least every 4 hours at least, whether it is one of your meals or snacks.
8. Reduce Your Stress
Stress is also a reason behind low weight. When people are stressed, they neglect to eat regularly, exercise, and do well. Try to keep your stress level down and take time every day to relax and unwind.
- You might try meditation and yoga to help you control your stress level.
- Make time for things that you enjoy. Take time to read or watch a movie once a week or sometimes twice. Take a warm bath before sleep.
9. Drink Water
It is necessary to avoid water before having a meal. This simply fills the stomach and leaves no room for food. Make a habit to drink water regularly but only after meals.
10. Don’t Smoke
Smoking is a bad habit for those who are trying to weight gain as it suppresses their appetite. If quitting Smoking seems too extreme, at least avoid it for an hour or two before meals.
Video: Gain Weight
In conclusion, gaining weight for women is not as difficult as one might think. One can start by making simple changes to their diet and exercise routine, and gradually work their way up to more challenging goals.
By following a healthy diet and exercising regularly, women can achieve their desired body weight without having to resort to unhealthy methods such as extreme weight loss or excessive eating.
Should you want to know more? get in touch with our experts and subscribe to us for the weekly newsletter. We’ll take it from there.
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Do you have any experience or questions regarding “How to Gain Weight for Woman?” Either way, please dive in and leave a comment below.